Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Monitors Questions & Answers

Strange red artifacts on the monitor

Posted by MilanFAN on Jun 30, 2011

Hello guys, a friend of mine has a problem with his monitor - when he uses colorful wallpapers, some red lines appear and disappear whenever they want. If he uses monochrome wallpaper the monitor is perfect. What can be the reason?

Problem solved

Take the monitor to the repair center :)

« Back to all discussions

3 jonathan1250 on Jul 01, 2011
Level 3 It sounds peculiar to be caused by changing the wallpaper. May be it is only visible to eyes on vivid colors? I'd check if the cable connectors are tightened up properly. Is it like that for a long time or just recently appeared? And are those lines visible everywhere (throughout the OS) or just at the desktop screen?

not rated
1 I.P.K. on Jun 30, 2011
Level 7 I think the problem might be the cable for the video signal. What kind is the cable - DVI, HDMI?

not rated
4 Immortal on Jul 01, 2011
Level 9 I`ve seen a similar problem and it turned out to be a defective insulation of the cable...which in time ruined the cable itself...so check if picture changes when you move the cable

not rated
6 MilanFAN on Jul 06, 2011
Level 3 The problem was the DVI connector on the back of the monitor...it's now working OK after repairing.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.