Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Monitors Questions & Answers

Choosing a monitor

Posted by monkeybone on Mar 30, 2011

I thought this was going to be easy, but just by entering the store I was overwhelmed with possibilities. I want something decent that can keep going for years, so I'm down to three makers iiyama, Samsung and EIZO. Which one would you recommend?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Gamester on Mar 30, 2011

Samsung, if you ask me...everyone is using their matrix for monitors

Reply Level 2 3 outdated on Mar 30, 2011

EIZO sounds like a professional choice. What would you be using the monitor for? If you're graphic designer, I'd suggest getting EIZO or iiyama. I've heard that's the choice of the pro's in that field. However, I don't know if Samsung's top class monitors does not offer equal quality.

P.S. I'm sure I've seen a thread about professional monitors around here, you might want to check it out.

Reply Level 2 4 Slash on Mar 30, 2011

My sister have been using iiyama for ages and still the monitor works perfectly. I've seen a couple of the widescreen models in the computer shop near me and they have outstanding image quality. Unfortunately I don't remember their model numbers.

Reply Level 7 5 I.P.K. on Mar 31, 2011

I must say that, the old monitors are with a much better quality than nowaday models

Reply Level 3 6 barryween on Mar 31, 2011

I hope you don't mean CRTs.

Reply Level 2 7 Striker on Apr 04, 2011

CRT monitors actually have more accurate color reproduction than the mainstream LCD's.

Reply Level 7 10 I.P.K. on Apr 04, 2011

Nope, I'm not talking about CRTs

Reply Level 2 8 Zildjian10 on Apr 04, 2011

One of the pros that CRT's held is the multisync - degrading to lower resolution without blurring the image. This is one of the main disadvantages of the LCD, they blur a lot if not adjusted to native resolution. CRTs are also capable of working at high refresh rates and better color clarity and depth. On the other hand LCD's are known to be more eye-friendly giving less fatigue, also light, tiny and energy efficient. Apparently that's what drives most of the buyers happy as the LCD's nowadays are the most commonly sold type of monitors.

Reply Level 2 9 Blade on Apr 04, 2011

+1 for Samsung, I use one for almost 4 years and have no problems...and it's not CRT :)

Reply Level 2 11 Reaper on Apr 11, 2011

+1 from me, I've been using a Samsung at work for a couple of years and I still have no complains in any respect. The model number is 226BW

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.