Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Cameras Questions & Answers

Why 3 image sensors, what's the point?

Posted by Balistic on Sep 23, 2010

I saw this camera on this site and after checking the news i stumbled upon something interesting. This thing has 3x 15 megapixel sensors. Does anyone know what does this bring to the table? Will i be able to shoot 45 megapixel shots?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 3 2 FoShizzle on Sep 23, 2010

Not sure, but I doubt you can shoot 45 meg pics, the cameras that can do that cost an arm and a leg. Probably it does improve quality, but I doubt it will make such a big difference.

Reply Level 4 3 Chubaka on Sep 23, 2010

I think that pictures taken with this camera will be 3D or at least have 3D feel. 3 sensors and if every one can shoot different colour - one red,one green and one blue...is that possible?

Reply Level 2 4 El_Pollo_Diablo on Sep 23, 2010

Actually this is pretty close to the real deal, not sure about the 3D part though. Each of the sensors captures one color (red, green and blue) instead of having one sensor that has to capture them all.

Reply Level 3 5 FoShizzle on Sep 24, 2010

This is reported to give some 3D feel to the images, but they won't pop out like 3D movies do, so it isn't considered 3D. For real 3D you need more optics, not more sensors (more sensors won't hurt though).

Reply Level 9 6 Immortal on Sep 27, 2010

The point of the 3 sensors is to capture colors more accurately. Every sensor captures a separate colour thus making the colors as close to reality as possible.

Reply Level 1 7 hisuku on Oct 02, 2010

any one know the price of this camera?

Reply Level 4 8 Chubaka on Oct 06, 2010

I think the camera will be shipping in February for around $1500, but as far as I know the lenses for it wil be much more expensive.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.