Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Ainovo NOVO7 Questions & Answers

What do you think of the cheap Android tablets? Any good?

Posted by outdated on Dec 08, 2011

What do you think of the $100 tablets such as novo7? Just wondering if it's good enough for browsing and reading books and stuff like that, or should I spend $100 more and go for the Kindle Fire? If you happen to had one of these or similar, please share your experience. Thanks.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 9 1 Immortal on Dec 09, 2011

Good question...I`m interested in any feedback as well...

Reply Level 2 2 xtsim on Dec 10, 2011

According to the specifications, the tablet looks pretty decent especially the fact that it runs on the latest android version, Ice cream Sandwich 4.0, which puts it ahead of the other cheap android tablets in the software side. From the website, http://www.ainovo.com/, there are little specifications such as google CTS certification to run google apps, hopefully the android market. Battery life looks optimistic, dual cameras, and promises allot of nice things. I would warn you that it does come straight from china, the brand is not established and we do not know if they are really shipping. If its for browsing and reading books, you need to try out the tablets at a good store to get an idea of how the tablet would work. The tablets you might want to try out at a store maybe the amazon fire, nook color, or nook tablet. There are other tablets at a similar price range at slightly more than 100 dollars from companies like coby, pandigital, velocity micro, and few others you could encounter at a department store. Your best bet is to do some research and look up reviews for the specific model of a tablet. Every thing has its pros and its cons.

Reply Level 1 3 chdavisjr on Dec 14, 2011

I don't have a Nova 7 (have read reviews and it seems like a decent choice) but I have 3 tablets purchased from Woot.com and dailysteals.com - 2 WM8650 PC-802's and 1 M806S. All are 8" and under $80. They do everything I and my wife could want. I have rooted the M806S and 1 of the PC-802's for even more usefulness.
I bought my wife a Nook Color and with the new updates, it is all she could want. We can watch TV showns on the internet, use facebook, read our emails when traveling, play games. We hardly ever take our laptops with us anymore.

I use the Amazon App store a lot and the 2 rooted ones allow me to use the android marketplace. Never had any problems. I do agree that you should use you favorite search engines and research what is available out there.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.