Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Motorola RAZR Questions & Answers

Should I get the Motorola Razr, or I'll be better of with a Tegra phone?

Posted by Nitro on Mar 21, 2012

Hi, I'm looking into getting one of those modern dual-core smartphones and the Motorola Razr really caught my eye with its kevlar back cover and good specs. However, I'm not quite sure whether I should get or buy a device with Tegra chipset, and if so which one? Any help will be appreciated.

« Back to all discussions

not rated
1 I.P.K. on Mar 22, 2012
Level 7 I will wait for Tegra 3...reasons: Games, performance, battery life. If you are keen on reading, here you go: http://www.phonearena.com/news​/NVIDIAs-quad-core-Tegra-3-the-more-the-better_id23752

not rated
2 DaddyChicken on Mar 22, 2012
Level 5 As I.P.K. said Tegra 3 is the next gen Quad core "bleeding edge" technology. Tegra 2 was the first into the dual core scene, and at the time was really decent. The Dual core TI processor in the RAZR is superior, but I really doubt it will be noticeable to the eye. My opinion is if you don't want to wait for a quad core device or don't need absolutely the most bleeding edge technology, I would go for whatever dual core phone that really interests you the most. They are all speedy, and decent devices. But as a RAZR owner, I can say, it is the best device I have ever owned.

not rated
3 sgrinavi on Mar 28, 2012
Level 4 There will always be something better around the corner - As with most technology - if you need a new device (or just want a new toy ) then go get the most bad-ass toy you can afford.

not rated
4 Immortal on Mar 28, 2012
Level 9 I agree with @I.P.K I would wait for Tegra 3 if I were you...

not rated
5 DaddyChicken on Mar 29, 2012
Level 5 Here would be my final thoughts on whether to go for it now, or wait.

Tegra 3s big advantage to me seems to be the integration of LTE, improving battery life. Tegra 3 is for sure going to give you a bump in performance, but I am of the opinion to wait. I am not changing devices for a bit. I really enjoy my RAZR. The only thing I would consider waiting for, if LTE is not a concern would be the GSM RAZR MAXX which has been announced.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.