Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Sony VAIO VPC-Z21V9E Questions & Answers

What do you think of the new VAIO Z series?

Posted by trespasser on Aug 05, 2011

Apart from official reviews, I'll be happy to read some user opinions about the new VAIO Z notebooks. They definitely look like solid and reliable, but I'd love to hear the sound of the real experience. Thanks.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 9 1 Immortal on Aug 08, 2011

I still haven`t got the chance to get my hands on one of these but as far as I see from the specs it is one very powerful portable solution. The only con in my view is the GPU. Keeping in mind the i7 CPU and the 8GB of preloaded DDR3 they could have put more powerful GPU (NVidia GeForce GT540 M for example).And last but not least the price is waaay to high...for 2200GBP you can buy fully upgraded Alienware M18x(3929$)

Reply Level 3 4 FoShizzle on Aug 08, 2011

M18x is not really comparable as it is an 18" beast and not that portable.

Reply Level 3 2 superuser on Aug 08, 2011

I've seen some of these coming with sort of multimedia extension box including external graphics and Blu-Ray player. If this particular model doesn't and it costs that much is definitely a no go in my opinion, as there are plenty of other makes and models in the ultra-mobile segment to choose from.

Reply Level 3 3 FoShizzle on Aug 08, 2011

It is too expensive for what it is. For half the price you can get the Alienware M14x with all the bells and whistles and it will be more powerful than the Z.

Reply Level 7 5 I.P.K. on Aug 09, 2011

And again, Sony offer nothing special for a lot of money.... :S

Reply Level 2 6 addicted on Aug 10, 2011

I.P.K.: Yeah, every 14" business notebook is now being made by lightweight carbon fibre, weighs little over a kilogram, packs a 256GB SSD + Core i7 and costs below $500.

I absolutely love it, despite the fact it costs twice the price of a "regular" notebook.

Reply Level 9 7 Immortal on Aug 10, 2011

I still think that youa can find a large variety of high-end business notebooks for half the price :) it costs 4700$ it is an outrage for whatever components and build quality....keep in mind that it is being manufactured in some chinese basement and the overall cost is probably below 1000$

Reply Level 7 8 I.P.K. on Aug 11, 2011

Except the carbon fibre, there is nothing else special...

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.