Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Google Android 3.1 Questions & Answers

Android 3.1 is out with new features and fast browsing

Posted by ndroid on May 11, 2011

Google announced their latest update of the Android OS yesterday at the I/O conference. The Android 3.1. a.k.a Ice Cream Sandwich is bringing faster browsing along with other improvements and apps, including the Movie Studio for video editing, and will be hitting Google TVs too. Verizon Motorola XOOM owners should be very happy as the update was scheduled for arrival at their tablets yesterday.

Please post your opinions about the Ice Cream Sandwich here.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 3 2 MilanFAN on May 11, 2011

I've barely seen Android 3.0 on tablets and now 3.1 is out...I don't get it.

Reply Level 2 3 Jimmy on May 12, 2011

Its always that way, even with gingerbread it isn't much different. How many Android 2.3 phones have you seen beside the Nexus S?

Reply Level 6 4 WingMan on May 13, 2011

They keep improving it, thats what is important. If I recall correctly there won't be custom version of the tablet os for different manufacturers, so the updates should be available not long after google releases them.

Reply Level 2 5 burningwild on May 13, 2011

If the UI is untouched it makes sense. That's better for consumers. I'd rather have the latest security/performance updates on-time than having a fancy user interface (which is not that fancy in some cases).

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.