Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Acer DX241Hbmiaz Questions & Answers

A PC monitor with built-in browser

Posted by FoShizzle on Mar 11, 2011

I stumbled upon this monitor on the net yesterday and was quite surprised when I read what it was. It has a built-in Chrome web browser and DLNA connectivity, so you can browse the web even if your PC have died for some reason or watch movies from your DLNA server at home. That is quite nice when you think about it.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 7 2 I.P.K. on Mar 11, 2011

And what about the specs? Did they sacrifice picture quality for features (for example) ?

Reply Level 2 3 Reaper on Mar 14, 2011

No specs yet, but it seems to me that this will be a high-end model, so picture quality shouldn't have suffered. After all it just need a cell phone motherboard to make this work.

Reply Level 2 4 OldNo7 on Mar 14, 2011

ha, interesting. bearing in mind everything's cloud-based future, I'd expect next mini pc's to be wireless keyboard and cheap monitor/tv. great.

Reply Level 2 5 Gamester on Mar 14, 2011

For s price around $200, I don't think it will be something special, but the idea is cool

Reply Level 2 6 whatnot on Mar 15, 2011

It shouldn't be special to check your email, google something, or log in to your preferred discussion site to ask if your computer doesn't want to boot. :)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.