Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

HTC ChaCha Questions & Answers

Facebook integration - what it is, besides the button?

Posted by wicked123 on Feb 16, 2011

Hi,

I am curious what exactly are the features of the facebook integration in this phone? What the users will benefit, bearing in mind there's already a facebook app for smartphones? Anything worth considering, or it's just a marketing trick to invite the heavy social-networking users to get the phone(s)?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 11 macboy on Feb 21, 2011

It's a growing market and the demands are high enough for HTC to try it out. People now are using facebook not only for a friendly chat and photo share, It's a massive marketing machine. So, I guess the first company that comes up with something really unique in terms of facebook options will have it's chance...

Reply Level 2 12 cold on Feb 23, 2011

I think that it is just a marketing trick to get to the facebook junkies nothing more...there is enough facebook integration in every smartphone on the market

Reply Level 2 13 elfuego on Feb 23, 2011

Design-wise looks fine. Could be a go for the text-obsessed crowd. As per the facebook thingy, I guess it's just a user-friendly extra.

Reply Level 2 14 Captain_Obvious on Feb 24, 2011

Just another marketing trick, facebook features are always advertised as selling point, so why shouldn't they make a facebook phone. Makes sens doesn't it? Even if you don't use facebook (which i doubt), you still have a decent touch/qwerty hybrid of a phone with a good OS and seemingly nice keyboard.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.