Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

HTC ChaCha Questions & Answers

Facebook integration - what it is, besides the button?

Posted by wicked123 on Feb 16, 2011

Hi,

I am curious what exactly are the features of the facebook integration in this phone? What the users will benefit, bearing in mind there's already a facebook app for smartphones? Anything worth considering, or it's just a marketing trick to invite the heavy social-networking users to get the phone(s)?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Scrooge on Feb 16, 2011

I think it's a marketing trick to make "sick facebook people" buy the phones. Who needs a button to tell you when someone, has something to share? Next on the line are: twitter phones, reddit phones... :D

Reply Level 2 3 MR_MM on Feb 16, 2011

I suspect that this phones will not survive long. Every phone can be packed with Facebook apps...who needs separate phone....except he has 1 million friend :D:D

Reply Level 2 4 monkeybone on Feb 17, 2011

Yep, just another pointless device. Android provides pretty decent experience as it is. The only benefit of this thing is that it shouts "Look at me I'm on Facebook and have a Facebook phone".

Reply Level 6 5 WingMan on Feb 17, 2011

The facebook button is the only difference in terms of hardware, but as we know in android you can do pretty much everything you want with the software.

Hitting the facebook button will share what you are doing (music, photo etc with facebook)

Reply Level 5 15 Crossblade on Feb 24, 2011

in addition, it will flash every time you can share something to remind you of this.

Reply Level 2 6 Agon87 on Feb 17, 2011

I wonder, what will happen with these phones if Facebook "dies" like Myspace? And another question...if I want to make a comment on the "thing" I share, should I open my facebook app?

Reply Level 2 9 Striker on Feb 21, 2011

I bet the device will become obsolete before we even consider Facebook a goner. And if that happens, you'd still have an android phone :>. The idea is not new and the only thing these devices have to offer is the right to brag about having a Facebook phone.

Reply Level 3 7 superuser on Feb 18, 2011

I guess it should be all integrated into the share app, or whatever software the phone is using when the button is pressed. It'd be really simple function just to send everything you do, without having an option to edit it. Also, I don't think you'll have to download and install the facebook app, by that's just a guess.

Reply Level 2 8 leprechaun on Feb 18, 2011

I don't know how many dedicated user Facebook have, but these phones are stupid idea for me.

Reply Level 3 10 Zangetsu on Feb 21, 2011

This phone gave me an idea for a demotivational poster ;)

Facebook phone - integrating stupidity and lack of social life in one single ugly shell.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.