Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Apple iPad 2 Questions & Answers

iPad 2 - what do you think will reside under the hood?

Posted by macboy on Jan 19, 2011

What do you think will be the hardware of the upcoming iPad 2, or even better -- what do you want it to be? So far the rumors suggest better CPU and graphics (thus possible higher display resolution), but I really doubt this will be the only innovation. So, feel free to unleash your predictions and wishes :))

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Jason on Jan 19, 2011

I think that the current hardware is good for the work that does. And iPad 2 will do the same (in my view). Maybe Apple will go for the connectivity optimization not for hardware one.

Reply Level 2 3 Freddy on Jan 19, 2011

It is rumoured to have retina display with resolution 2048x1536 I really want to see how that will look like :)

Reply Level 2 7 Captain_Obvious on Jan 20, 2011

That resolution is pretty unlikely. Probably dual core cpu, higher resolution display and more ram.

Reply Level 2 4 InFlames on Jan 19, 2011

I`ve heard that there might be a USB port and SD card slot, but there`s nothing official about that information yet...

Reply Level 2 8 Drifter on Jan 20, 2011

Both would be nice, but its an apple product. USB port on this device will be pretty much like adding a USB storage option while connected to a PC, same goes for the memory card. This will make pirating music with this device so much easier than with the iPod/iPad/iPhone etc.

Reply Level 2 5 ExplosionsHurt on Jan 19, 2011

There were some rumours about a dual core CPU...anybody heard something more specific about the CPU?

Reply Level 2 6 trespasser on Jan 19, 2011

I doubt adding USB port, since Apple's mobile devices use iTunes for data transfers, and I'm pretty sure they'll keep it that way. Better display is definitely something I'll be looking forward to, as well as front facing cam (can't see the point of having one in the back, although possible). Increasing the CPU and graphics power is always welcome and considering the rumors for high-resolution screen it is very likely to happen. I'm quite excited to find out what they'll come up with to make fan-boys-and-girls want the next one so badly. SD card slot also seems a reasonable update.

Reply Level 2 10 A_C_E on Jan 25, 2011

I totally agree with you...USB is very unlikely for iPad 2. I think that graphics and CPU will be upgraded. Although I wish to have some connectivity improvements.

Reply Level 2 9 ExplosionsHurt on Jan 20, 2011

There is a new leak about the graphics chip...you can read it here
http://www.maximumpc.com/artic​le/news/apple_inject_super_fas​t_graphics_chip_ipad_2

Reply Level 5 11 Dexter on Feb 02, 2011

So, dual-core chip for iPad 2 as well? Cool. I believe they'll update and optimize all apps (or the ones that need power) for proper dual-core use. And that's the real power of an apple device - to use as much as possible from the hardware potential combined with great apps and battery life. Not to mention the design and first class quality of the materials used.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.