Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Apple iPad 2 Questions & Answers

Help with choosing the better tablet to buy

Posted by mt_runnings on Jan 10, 2012

I am interested in buying a tablet and would like help in choosing the best option on the market. I know that the ipad is currently "everyones" favourite but I just want to know in terms of functionality and specs which is actually the best on the market at the moment.

« Back to all discussions

1 Immortal on Jan 11, 2012
Level 9 Transformer Prime is the first in my list. Tegra 3 Quad-Core 1.3Ghz 10.1 capacitive display with 1280x800 resolution...way better then the dual-core 1Ghz of the iPad2 :)

not rated
2 WingMan on Jan 11, 2012
Level 6 I'd go for anything with Tegra inside to be honest. Probably the XOOM or the above mentioned Transformer Prime. The iPad 2 is a great device, I just prefer Android :)

not rated
4 sgrinavi on Jan 11, 2012
Level 4 Best on the market, today, spec-wise is the Transformer Prime - best on the market functionally is probably the iPad 2..... IMO iOS is not as much fun as ICS, but I don't do anything with my tablet but play. I'm going to stick with my cheap Galaxy Tab 7 until things shake out later this year -

The new Toshiba Excite is thin & light, the Lenovo K2 is a monster with a 1920 x 1200 ips display, the iPad 3 will probably have a new processor and maybe an upgraded display... there's a couple of OLED and Windows 8 devices in the rumor mill too.

not rated
5 mt_runnings on Jan 12, 2012
Level 1 Thanks everyone - it's good to know what people's opinions are.

not rated
6 I.P.K. on Jan 12, 2012
Level 7 +1 for Asus Transformer Prime, great hardware and great design

not rated
7 DaddyChicken on Jan 16, 2012
Level 5 I would ask what you are going to use it for. As for somewhat more "future proof", look for one with a Tegra 3 in it. The Transformer Prime is the first out of the gate with it.

If you are ok with this past year's spec, I would look at the first Asus Transformer. It has a really nice screen, is going to get an ICS update, and has Tegra 2 dual core, and 1Ghz of RAM.

That said, if the price isn't that much more for a Transformer Prime, I would get that one. Its just a matter of newer hardware.

3 Dexter on Jan 11, 2012
Level 5 That actually depends on your personal taste and what would you use it for. It isn't only a matter of specs and design, it has a lot to do with the apps available for the specific device. That said, I'd be choosing between android and ios as a major players in the game. There are plenty of devices running android that you can choose from, based on price, manufacturer, design, screen size, keyboard dock and what not. That's the beauty of it, you can have exactly what you want as device plus a growing number of apps in the android market.

On the other hand, there's the iPad. It certainly is my favorite, because of... everything. On the software side there is basically any app you might think of, hence the line "There's an app for that". On the hardware side it isn't something special, besides the clean design, it actually is rather disappointing for someone obsessed with the specs. However, this doesn't make it less attractive at all, due to the refined os that's capable of smooth and fast operation even with less than a top notch hardware.

Basically If you want to spare some cash or don't like ios, go for android. Otherwise get an iPad.

Full list of Android tablets: http://www.meetgadget.com/gadg​et/#/gadget/category/Tablets/?​f[6848]=8858

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.