Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Samsung Galaxy S II Questions & Answers

Thoughts on the new Galaxy S II

Posted by monkeybone on Feb 14, 2011

Well, the rabbit is out of the hat and here is the new Galaxy S II. Is it me or this thing looks a lot like a certain phone made by Apple :), although it has better specs across the board.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Smoky on Feb 14, 2011

Like the first Galaxy S, this one is with iPhone-like design, too. That's not bad, but somewhat it doesn't have its own identity.

Reply Level 2 3 Roberta on Feb 14, 2011

I see nothing bad in the stolen iPhone design :D After all, if we have to be pedants, a lot of manufacturers stеаl, not only design from others, but this is the market game :)

Reply Level 2 4 FlawLess on Feb 14, 2011

If we have to be honest, a lot of models look like each other, so design is not a problem. The important think is, whether Samsung made SGS II more superior to SGS I...I mean not hardware but performance and removed problems...

Reply Level 2 5 trespasser on Feb 14, 2011

Doesn't really look like iPhone, in my humble opinion. Which parts of the design remind you of an iPhone?

Reply Level 3 6 FoShizzle on Feb 15, 2011

To me the front remind me a lot of the iPhone 3G/3GS, the only difference being the back button. Even the frame size and proximity sensor are the same.

Reply Level 2 8 Jason on Feb 15, 2011

If the Home button was circle, I can definitely mistake it with the iPhone 4

Reply Level 2 7 Weirdo on Feb 15, 2011

I'm not surprised about the design, which in general is pretty similar on most touch phones, as for the hardware this thing rocks ;)

Reply Level 2 9 Drifter on Feb 16, 2011

A good update to an already great device. Nice!

Reply Level 2 10 MR_MM on Feb 16, 2011

Like iPhone 4 or not....this phone is better for me, than the Apple device

Reply Level 5 11 Crossblade on Feb 22, 2011

I had the chance to check it out. Definitely an improvement over the previous model with better design (the cheap glossy plastic is replaced with one with great grip) and features - better display, dual-core processor and better interface. Considering the rivals, it is the best Android phone for me, with the Optimus 2X right after it. The Optimus 3D is huge for being 3D and the new HTC phones are so 2010.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.