Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Samsung Galaxy S II Questions & Answers

If you have to choose between Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Nexus

Posted by ibkhayyat on Jan 31, 2012

If you have to choose between Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Nexus, which one would you pick?
I'm getting a new one, can't decide.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 5 1 DaddyChicken on Jan 31, 2012

I would have to ask what features are important to you.

1. Screen -The Galaxy S2 has an amazing screen, but the resolution isn't that great. I like a high res screen. The Nexus has a 720p screen. The glass on the Nexus is slightly curved too.

2. Speed - I would say most users won't be able to tell the difference. But the Galaxy S2 is a bit quicker. (If you have the Samsung Exynos processor.) Call this a draw.

3. Form Factor - They both are large, and nice. This comes to preference.

4. OS - Galaxy S2 currently has no official build of ICS? I could be mistaken. The Nexus does. That said, i imagine it won't be longer than March before the SGS2 has ICS - call this a draw, unless you need the newest OS now.

5. Internal Storage - Deal breaker for me. Nexus comes with 32GB of internal storage, and NO external storage capacity. The SGS2 accepts microSD cards. Game set and match for me.

If sleek form factor is important, good build quality and a great high res screen with ability to use External cards I would recommend neither and go with a Motorola RAZR. ICS will be around the corner, and it performs up with these 2 devices, with a nicer build quality.

If I had to pick between these 2, I would take the SGS2. Infact, I had one. I just didn't keep it.

Reply Level 1 2 sureel_shah on Feb 01, 2012

i would 100% go with S2 !!!!

Reply Level 4 3 sgrinavi on Feb 01, 2012

The GNex - better resolution, NFC chip, ICS out of the box and, being a nexus device, gets upgrades quickly and directly from Google. The only downside that I have seen is that camera doesn't take great photos indoors

As far as not having removable storage goes it's never been an issue for me, I've had smart and dumb phones starting with an original StarTac and have not felt the need to take a memory card out. 32 GB is lots of space, especially when combined with all the free cloud storage available these days.

Reply Level 9 4 Immortal on Feb 01, 2012

DaddyChicken said it all....+1 on the Galaxy S II from me too

Reply Level 2 5 aeyque on Feb 05, 2012

+1 for S2 from me too :)

Reply Level 3 7 Golfman on Feb 10, 2012

I would go for the galaxy nexus.....pure Android performance.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.