Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Samsung MD230X3 Questions & Answers

Is this any better than 3x monitor setup

Posted by Cyrax on May 13, 2011

I've started building a machine for the sole purpose of having eyfinity gaming with 3 monitors (6 is not needed in my case) and I've came across the MD230X3 by Samsung which is a 3-monitor array with one stand. Have anyone tried it and is it any better than having 3 regular monitors?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 6 2 WingMan on May 13, 2011

I've seen a review of this display and it looks so nice, basically what you gain with this thing as compared to a normal 3-monitor setup is are borders and single stand, so you can get by with a smaller desk.

Reply Level 2 3 Smoky on May 13, 2011

I think it's better than 3 separate monitors, because it has smaller frames and takes less space. Maybe the price is also better :)

Reply Level 2 5 Weirdo on May 16, 2011

Yeah, Smaller frames is always better. I wonder if they will come with up with completely frameless setup.

Reply Level 3 4 jonathan1250 on May 13, 2011

To be honest, I never knew MD230X3 even exists. Looks stunning, btw, considering I'm not a gamer, I just love it.

Reply Level 2 6 Slash on May 16, 2011

There is a X6 version btw ;)

Reply Level 2 7 outdated on May 16, 2011

That'll be 6 screens in one? Lol, you'll have a serious trouble finding a condo with big enough walls to accommodate that one. Although, really impressive gaming "monitor", I'm wondering how much would that X6 costs, just out of curiosity? And if a large 50+" LCD is cheaper, why would you choose it over the LCD?

Reply Level 2 8 Bulldog on May 16, 2011

It costs around $5k and I don't see any reason to buy this setup instead 50' LCD :)

Reply Level 2 9 Jigsaw on May 16, 2011

:D 5 grand huh....i dont see the point as well

Reply Level 3 10 Cyrax on May 17, 2011

I'd never thought it costs that much! For that kind of money i can go with 3x 32 inch TV's. I guess I'll be skipping this. Thanks for the info guys.

Reply Level 2 11 A_C_E on May 17, 2011

$5k for the display with 6 pieces. This one costs $1500 or less, so I think it's not a bad offer

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.