Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Microsoft Zune HD Questions & Answers

iPod touch or Zune HD (16GB versions)?

Posted by madskillz on Jun 14, 2011

Hi, looking for advice on portable players. I'm considering iPod touch and Zune HD. If you had to make a decision, what would you choose and why?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 5 12 Crossblade on Jun 21, 2011

Apple upgrades 3-gen old devices to the current OS. Not good support you say?

Reply Level 9 14 Immortal on Jun 21, 2011

Recently i messed around with an iPod touch first generation...it literally didn`t have a working way of updating it without a jailbreak...so after several hours i gave up...I`ll post a question in several hours explaining the problem in detail...but updating through jailbreaking is not a good support :)

Reply Level 5 16 Crossblade on Jun 22, 2011

To update it, connect it to a computer with the original USB cable, run iTunes, choose the device and hit "update". It will automatically update to the latest available version. I believe it is iOS 3.-something.

Posted in response to comment #14

Reply Level 9 17 Immortal on Jun 22, 2011

I tried that...the ipod has the 1.x version of the firmware currently...When i try to update it through iTunes it gives me "could not open key"...I`m using 64-bits Windows 7 running as admin...I guess that the problem might be windows related...I tried older iTunes and upgrading the version with a baked backup but it bricked the device and i had to restore it...

Posted in response to comment #16

Reply Level 1 18 madskillz on Jun 28, 2011

Okay, thanks all. Looks like I'll be getting the latest iPod touch. :) And thanks for pointing out that the Zune thing is dead, had no idea about that.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.