Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Motorola ATRIX 4G Questions & Answers

Which tablet/phone with hardware keyboard or laptop dock to choose?

Posted by barbedwire on Jul 18, 2011

Hey, I need some help choosing a mobile device that's fast, reliable and easy to use and features hardware keyboard. I'm looking at two of the options here - Motorola Atrix 4G + Dock and Asus Eee Pad Transformer. Would you suggest anything else to look at?

P.S. The internet connectivity is not an issue as long as it is Wi-Fi enabled.

« Back to all discussions

7 DaddyChicken on Oct 12, 2011
Level 5 I have both of the devices you have mentioned. I have the Atrix, and I have the Asus Transformer. I decided against the lapdock for the reason that from what I had read it just wasn't quick enough, and wouldn't fulfill my needs. I purchased the transformer as a device to travel with. It is compact enough without the keyboard to use as a great movie device, or to use while I am traveling within a store (I am a district manager), and if I wanted a keyboard I just docked the unit. The screen on the transformer is really nice. IPS display. It reproduces colors really nice, and the viewing angels are great.

not rated
1 Immortal on Jul 18, 2011
Level 9 You can take a look at Asus Eee Pad Slider it is a good choice :)

not rated
2 I.P.K. on Jul 19, 2011
Level 7 I haven't seen much of these gadgets...maybe ASUS is one of the brands that have tablets+qwerty keyboard. Also there are keyboard docks for Apple iPad :)

not rated
3 storm13 on Jul 19, 2011
Level 2 iPad keyboard dock from apple - http://store.apple.com/us/prod​uct/MC533LL/B or something like laptop keyboard + case - http://clamcase.com/bluetooth-ipad-2-keyboard-case/clamcase-for-ipad-2-black.html.

ASUS Eee pad slider also might be an option (however, it lacks touchpad), but availability and release date are not confirmed yet. So no go for now.

Another possibility for 2-in-1 is having a bluetooth keyboard paired with a tablet stand.

not rated
4 jtmoney430 on Jul 27, 2011
Level 2 I personally would not look for a phone that has that capability. I was just thinking the other day that once my laptop dies, I am probably going to get the latest Ipad with keyboard dock. I think that would be the way to go. The reason I would not look for a phone that does this is because once you upgrade your phone which most people do yearly or every two years, then it is kind of useless. If you get the Ipad, it will last you years hopefully without having to upgrade all the time.

not rated
6 raghu.s1432 on Jul 27, 2011
Level 3 now a days its hard to decide wat to buy a smart phone or tablet coz all smartphone are getting smarter and tablets r becoming huge carrying is main problem....... its up to us want we want to buy i suggest phone is good it does every thing

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.