Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Apple TV 2gen Questions & Answers

Is Apple TV the only way to stream movies from my MacBook to TV?

Posted by wicked123 on Mar 16, 2011

Hi, what are the options of watching movies on my TV from my macbook using wireless network? Do I need Apple TV for that?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Roberta on Mar 16, 2011

I think that most of the advanced media streamers can do that if they are compatible with MAC OS

Reply Level 3 3 Zangetsu on Mar 16, 2011

Its all depending on the application you use, but generally if you set a DLNA server on your mac, any streamer with DLNA capabilities will do the job. DLNA is a standard after all.

Reply Level 2 4 Drifter on Mar 17, 2011

Apple TV is a good piece of tech, I'd recommend you buy it or a mac mini for your streaming needs, they are both roughly the same size.

Reply Level 2 5 GreenHornet on Mar 17, 2011

It is not the only way, but for me it is the best way.

Reply Level 2 7 Gamester on Mar 17, 2011

Can you tell more specifically why it's the best way.....except that it's an Apple product?

Reply Level 3 8 FoShizzle on Mar 21, 2011

Being an apple product is a good enough reason :D. As for the topic, being an apple is supposed to give it the best integration with mac you can get, I've never tried it as I don't own anything with a bitten fruit as a logo, but from what I've read online is quite nice piece of tech.

Reply Level 2 6 Jigsaw on Mar 17, 2011

As Roberta said most advanced media streamers would do the trick...also if you have a spare Mini-PCI you can install Intel Wi-Di
http://www.intel.com/consumer/​products/technology/wirelessdi​splay.htm

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.