Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Alienware M17x Questions & Answers

What should be my next gaming notebook?

Posted by Gamester on Jan 18, 2011

Hi, guys. I'm looking to buy new gaming machine, 'cause my Alienware M15x is old and I want some more power. I was looking for M17x R3, but I think it will be too pricey for me. Can you give me some advice?

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 Twisted on Jan 18, 2011
Level 2 Yeah, wait to see the price of M18x before you make your decision...and see if they won`t cut the prices of the old models :)

not rated
3 cold on Jan 18, 2011
Level 2 Take a look at HP Envy 17 I`ve heard great things about it... http://www.meetgadget.com/gadg​et/14200/HP+Envy+17/specs

not rated
6 ExplosionsHurt on Jan 19, 2011
Level 2 I suggest you http://www.meetgadget.com/gadg​et/28311/ASUS+G51Jx+3D/specs
it is great for gaming...a friend of mine has one and I`ve played several times everything runs awesome

not rated
10 cerealkiller on Jan 20, 2011
Level 2 RoG is a bit different than a regular ASUS laptop, I think. Never used one though, just an assumption.

not rated
11 Twisted on Jan 20, 2011
Level 2 RoG is a High-End ASUS laptop which main purpose is gaming :) so it is a good choise

not rated
12 sirjadith on Jan 20, 2011
Level 1 I am also shopping for a gaming laptop replacement, Currently I am in a holding pattern and waiting for the new Sandy Bridge Intel CPU model to come out. I am looking at the MSI GT680 or the Sager NP8150 to come out and get tested/ reviewed. I did get a chance to see the ASUS and HP mentioned earlier, they are both nice. From my experience it is is the GPU that is the most important component in a gaming laptop, hence i am looking at laptops with the new Nvdia 485m. I have read about mxm and swapping out and upgrading laptop video cards, but they hold their value for a long time, for my old gamer, the next level of upgrade is the GTX 7950M and it is still selling at $500 or more. So I think it is wise and get the most power up to last the longest amount of time. Currently I have a 17 inch laptop and for my wife and I, would like to move down into the 15 inch size. Any suggestions/ knowledge or experience to help with this decision making are welcomed. (PS. we travel and hence the need for laptops and not desktops at this time).

not rated
14 superuser on Jan 21, 2011
Level 3 Alienware got a free update to GeForce GTX 460M (1.5GB DDR5) on their laptop configurator - I'm looking at M15X with basic core i7 and 6 GB DDR3 RAM here - http://goo.gl/5FiM

not rated
15 Jason on Jan 21, 2011
Level 2 I think that Alienware is a good choice to replace your old...Alienware :D:D I can't compare their notebooks to anything else on the market. For me their are the 1. But if you want real game experience buy 17" or 18" :)

not rated
16 ikarus on Jan 25, 2011
Level 2 Alienware rulzzz :)

not rated
18 Gamester on Jan 27, 2011
Level 2 I think I'll wait for the M18x :)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.