Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Google Android 2.2 Questions & Answers

Antivirus for Android, yes or not yet?

Posted by Zildjian10 on Feb 28, 2011

Hello, I"m not quite concerned about the security when browsing on my desktop/laptop and I usually use some free anti-virus programs such as AVG. However, since the mobile phones are getting much more personalized nowadays, it seems reasonable to think about some sort of protection. I've recently heard that Symantec is releasing their mobile version of Norton Security. What do you guys think, is the anti-virus really needed for cell phones?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 leprechaun on Feb 28, 2011

On my DROID X I use AVG free. It checks everything while I download or browse and doesn't make my phone slower. It's important for me to have antivirus software 'cause I browse a lot. Norton Security for PC was expensive and very clumsy software. I hope mobile version is better

Reply Level 2 3 monkeybone on Mar 01, 2011

I just can't get it - Antivirus on a phone? I don't think it is necessary and to me it is just plain paranoia.

Reply Level 2 4 Lizzard on Mar 01, 2011

It's a regular OS, why you think it can't be hacked? On your phone you have lots of important info and if you want to protect it, antivirus software is a must.

Reply Level 2 5 Acetone on Mar 01, 2011

I`m using an android for more then a year don`t have an antivirus software installed and have no problems so far...

Reply Level 2 6 Weirdo on Mar 08, 2011

I've read that there are a few viruses on android market, so an antivirus app seems like a must to me.

Reply Level 2 7 Roberta on Mar 08, 2011

If the Android device is rooted and you install whatever you want....it's a must to have antivirus software

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.