Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Apple iPhone 4 Questions & Answers

Hardware differences between iPhone 4 and Verizon iPhone 4

Posted by Warrior on Feb 09, 2011

Finally "ifixit" tear down Verizon iPhone 4, but I still can't find the differences between the 2 models. There should be some hardware replacement, because Verizon's one doesn't have the reception issues...

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 GreenHornet on Feb 10, 2011

I have no idea if it has reception issues, but Verizon's network is better than ATT. By looking at the pics from iFixit, most of the PCBs in the Verizon iPhone are different in design, but use the same main components, the back cover is also different on the inside so its not interchangeable with ATT iPhone. The antenna design is also different and there is no sim slot.

Reply Level 2 3 Ahmed on Feb 10, 2011

I never expected them to be so different, I've looked at the pics as well.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown​/iPhone-4-Verizon-Teardown/4693/1

Reply Level 2 5 mindhacker on Feb 15, 2011

What do you mean by better? Faster? Because as far as I know at&t still gives you the ability to browse and talk at the same time without connecting to wi-fi, and verizon doesn't.

Reply Level 4 6 Chubaka on Feb 15, 2011

I think the only better think is the network coverage...

Reply Level 2 7 cassie on Feb 23, 2011

I also think that they only fixed the deathgrip...

Posted in response to comment #6

Reply Level 2 4 A_C_E on Feb 10, 2011

Today I read that even iPhone 4 from Verizon, has the death grip problem O_o I don't know whether to believe or not

Reply Level 2 8 trespasser on Feb 23, 2011

Verizon's network is faster in terms of web browsing. Numerous reviews are out showing that verizon's iphone is faster at different locations of a given city. And Verizon is also offering the capability of using your iphone as a wi-fi hotspot, however I'm not sure if this is actually a new piece of hardware installed or just a network service.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.