Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Google Android Questions & Answers

Why would you choose Android OS?

Posted by mindhacker on Mar 25, 2011

Why would you get an android powered phone/tablet? Is it because it is open-source, or the ability to overclock and customize it? I've heard people comparing it to the old windows mobile 6.1 with an impressions like "you can customize it the way you like". I quite like to be in control of everything, so I guess that's a plus for android... I'm looking to buy a smartphone but don't know should I go for Android OS? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 MR_MM on Mar 25, 2011

I use android phone and like it 'cause it can be customized. If you want full control you just have to root it...for now I'm happy with my unit without rooting :) and waiting for the official release of the Android 2.3

Reply Level 7 3 I.P.K. on Mar 25, 2011

If you want full control buy an Android device, if you want ease of use - buy an iOS device. According to a survey, HTC phones get updates first of all manufacturers :)

Reply Level 2 4 Captain_Obvious on Mar 28, 2011

Speed, Customizations and Frequent updates.

Reply Level 3 5 Trixey on Mar 28, 2011

Frequent updates depend on the manufacturer...

Reply Level 2 7 Striker on Mar 29, 2011

Yep, but not always :). Most of the time the XDA guys are one step ahead of the manufacturers.

Reply Level 3 8 MilanFAN on Mar 29, 2011

If your phone is rooted...but not everyone prefer this way :)

Reply Level 2 6 Lazy on Mar 28, 2011

Much free apps, frequent updates and reliability of the newer versions of the OS which can`t be compared to windows mobile at all :)

Reply Level 2 9 Slash on Mar 30, 2011

Highly customizable and frequently updated with noticeable improvements

Reply Level 3 10 barryween on Mar 31, 2011

The one thing that's really driving me mad is the accidental launch of an app while scrolling through the list.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.