Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

NOKIA N8 Questions & Answers

Nokia N8 or Apple iPhone 4?

Posted by jonathan1250 on Oct 20, 2010

I'm really impressed with those - both being high-end smartphones and at the same time very different in nature. Which one is yours - the iPhone with it's easy-to-use software and retina display, or the packed with multimedia enhancements N8?

Both devices has their advantages and both lack some, not to mention the media buzz around the iPhone problems.

So which one of these beauties would you choose and for what reasons?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 1 9 Arkkimeedees on Nov 03, 2010

I chose N8 and have no regrets yet. I bet iPhone is the "best", but I don't like Apple's way to treat people and force them to make slave agreements. N8 has a superb camera, USB OTG and HDMI, FM transmitter. Usability will be better soon, I hope. My son has Galaxy S, a great piece of work and for myself I've just ordered Galaxy tab, can't wait till I get it. But no iPad, neither, for me, for those reasons I just mensioned.

Reply Level 3 10 jonathan1250 on Nov 09, 2010

When you get the Galaxy Tab please share your opinion, I'm really interested to hear how does it feels and is it worth getting it.

Reply Level 3 2 Balistic on Oct 20, 2010

I'd say iPhone 4 is the winer in my eyes. I never seemed to like the symbian touch os as i like the IOS. However to tell you the truth I got tired of the same old IOS, it hasn't changed much since the first iPhone.

Reply Level 3 3 MilanFAN on Oct 20, 2010

I will give a try to Nokia's phone. It's with the new symbian 3 and I expect something different :)

Reply Level 2 12 iMarc09 on Nov 09, 2010

well, don't expect much: I waited 12 years "expecting" something different in Nokia handsets, but nothing: even when they moved to touch, they left the same old Symbian OS of Nokia N95 and just made it touch; apparently, Nokia thought touch is a kind of plug and play. ;)

Reply Level 3 13 MilanFAN on Nov 10, 2010

Yeah I agree, but N8 will be compatible with upcoming Symbian 4 or 5, I think...

Posted in response to comment #12

Reply Level 9 4 Immortal on Oct 21, 2010

As much as I`m sorry to admit it iPhone 4 is the obvious winner...it is rich in functionality, features a great camera and frequent software updates...keeping in mind that they`re in the same price range I`d definately choose the iPhone

Reply Level 3 5 Golfman on Oct 22, 2010

I think that more appropriate comparison will be between Nokia N9 and iPhone 4. so far as Nokia N8-no chance against the iPhone

Reply Level 3 6 Zangetsu on Oct 26, 2010

How about the Galaxy S? Its better than the N8 IMO, and a pretty tough competitor to the iPhone 4.

Reply Level 9 7 Immortal on Oct 26, 2010

Yeah Galaxy S might have some chances against the iPhone 4 but the topic is about Nokia N8, so it would be nice to give your opinion on the selected topic.....you can always post "Galaxy S or iPhone 4" if you`re that interested...

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.