Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Microsoft Windows 7 Questions & Answers

How to create recovery partition for system restore?

Posted by leviathan on Feb 06, 2012

Does anyone have any idea how to create windows recovery partition? I've seen that pre-configured on some of notebooks, but sadly have never used one nor researched how to do it. I just re-installed windows 7 due to some problems and now I'm looking to create a recovery partition that will be hidden and only usable for system recovery. Basically If someone have any idea how to do it, I'd appreciated it.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 5 1 Dexter on Feb 07, 2012

You'll probably have to use a dedicated software for back-ups like Acronis TrueImage which has a lot of options for backup and recovery. Check out the manual to see if that's what you're looking for: http://www.acronis.com/downloa​d/docs/atih2012/userguide

Reply Level 9 2 Immortal on Feb 07, 2012

I`ve read that symantec designed a solution which looks exactly what you need. It is called Symantec Ghost Recovery Kit 2.0
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/​english_us_canada/products/sym​antec_ghost_solution_suite/2.0​/manuals/Recovery_Kit.pdf

Reply Level 4 3 leviathan on Feb 08, 2012

Apparently that is way more sophisticated I thought it'd be. I was actually looking for some simple hack, like using the windows backup to put the image on to a separate partition, which can be hidden after that and accessed only when needed. Thanks anyway.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.