Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Apple iPad Questions & Answers

Installing Android on the iPad?

Posted by wicked123 on May 05, 2011

Hi, I know it's weird question, but can you install Android on the first gen iPad? I know the guys from iDroid project managed to get android up and running on the iPhone (1st gen, 3G and iPod Touch 1st gen), so I'm wondering if it's possible to be installed on the iPad as well?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Lizzard on May 05, 2011

I think there were some pictures of iPad and iPhone 4 running on Android. It was made by Bootlace (the same tool that allowed iPhone 3G, 2G and 1st gen users to install Android ). So it's not so far, or maybe it's already done...

Reply Level 2 3 Helix on May 09, 2011

Sounds nice, but what is the point really? The iPad is a good piece of tech as it is.

Reply Level 5 4 Dexter on May 09, 2011

Hm, premium device with open-source software. Sounds cool for apple os hater camps, although I'd never ruin the iPad with a different OS *even if* it's fully compatible.

Reply Level 2 5 MR_MM on May 09, 2011

I think iPad is ok as it is :) and don't believe it will work better with Android

Reply Level 2 6 Twisted on May 09, 2011

Even if they manage to port Android withouth bricking the device it is pointless...the android tablets are way too cheap so if anyone wants it that much won`t buy an ipad...on the other hand if you want to ruin a perfectly working device this would be the way

Reply Level 2 7 Konig on May 10, 2011

True.

Reply Level 2 8 Sickness on May 10, 2011

I think that the best part of the iPad is the OS....so don't see why you should change it

Reply Level 2 9 Acetone on May 16, 2011

Are you serious :D iPad and Android....only a very disturbed person would do that to his device...as @twisted said if you want to ruin a perfectly working device that is the way

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.