Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

SteelSeries Questions & Answers

Gaming Mice

Posted by FlameDemon on Sep 13, 2011

Hi guys,
I'm writing this post because of the confusion in decision-making of which gaming mouse to choose since there are plenty of great mice out there. Thus, I need you guys to advise me. Below, there are quite a lot of questions, so, I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by those many questions.
I live in Vietnam; hence there is a shortage of products that I can purchase. In the USA, yes, almost every mouse is available, but here in Vietnam, there are 3 available brands. Most of the retailers here sell Logitech, Razer and Steelseries mice.
Some mice listed below are available in my country, so please don't question why I don’t choose the new Sensei, for example, over the Xai. I am myself a normal gamer, not any kind of pro-gamer; thus, any mouse with 4G Sensor from Razer is unessential to me. After visiting many forums and websites, I divided them into 2 categories: low-price optical with G400, Kinzu (either black/white/red or sudden attack edition), high-price laser with G500, G9x, Xai (any kind of edition), Razer Spectre, Razer Imperator.
Have a nice day and thank you.
P/S: I’m mostly a fingertip & claw grip and rarely a palm grip.
Retailers in Vietnam currently (September 2011) offer combos of Steelseries: a Kinzu + a QcK pad; a Xai + a QcK Fnatic pad. Interesting deals! So what do you guys think?
Thermaltake BLK002DT Tt esports is also available but I’m not sure about its quality and durability. Because Logitech claimed that G500 & G9x are durable for 8 million clicks. They even alleged that G400 is about 10 million clicks. I don’t know exactly about Steelseries and Razer but Thermaltake said 5 million for their mice.
Moreover, many people recommended me to pick G9x over G500 although they have pretty much the same specifications. What do you guys think?
Lastly, which mouse pad should I choose? but noticeably that control or speed doesn’t matter to me.
Kind regards,
Son

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 6 1 WingMan on Sep 13, 2011

Well these are the top 3 most known brands, so you'd be fine to choose among them. You won't have any issues with any of them. As far as your options go, I wouldn't recommend going with an optical mouse as opposed to laser. Laser gives you better precision and more DPI and sensitivity. The Logitech G9 or G9x (same body different sensor) is pretty comfortable both for palm grip and claw grip and the former is cheaper due to only having 3200 dpi, but you should be pretty happy with that amount. I'd suggest you consider the Razer Deathadder as well, its a pretty good mouse, but it will probably feel better with palm grip as opposed to claw.

As for the mousepad, the Steelseries QCK is a pretty descent option with low price, good gliding surface and is cheaper than most.

p.s. The G9/G9x comes with two body shells so it should fit you nicely.

Reply Level 9 2 Immortal on Sep 13, 2011

From what I`ve read the G9x is much more comfortable than G500, so I`ll recommend it over the G500 as well...as for the mousepad Steelseries QCK as WingMan recommended :)

Reply Level 2 3 FlameDemon on Sep 13, 2011

Yeah thanks guys. Anyone has experiences with Thermaltake BLK002DT Tt?

Reply Level 7 4 I.P.K. on Sep 14, 2011

+1 for G9x....for me, Thermaltake produce good fans and cases, nothing more

Reply Level 2 5 FlameDemon on Sep 17, 2011

Thanks everyone. I've already ordered a SS Xai Black (promotion: QcK+ Fnatic). Its retailed price is $89.9 in VN. It's a reasonable price, isn't it? :">

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.