Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Toshiba Questions & Answers

Would you buy gaming class notebook from Toshiba?

Posted by ndroid on May 19, 2011

Since I've had bad experience with some toshiba middle class notebooks, I'm wondering what's the quality of the high-end models such as the gaming and entertainment series - Qosmio?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 9 2 Immortal on May 19, 2011

Judging from my previous experience with Toshiba I wouldn`t buy any of their notebooks :)

Reply Level 2 3 outdated on May 20, 2011

I'll be heading for one of the following, before even considering Toshiba - Dell Alienware or Asus ROG notebooks. I'm pretty sure there will be a price match at some point.

Reply Level 7 4 I.P.K. on May 20, 2011

For me Toshiba is not a manufacturer of a gaming rigs...maybe Alienware or some custom build notebook is better choice

Reply Level 3 5 Cyrax on May 23, 2011

Generally the gaming notebooks are with better quality than most of the manufacturer's notebooks. With Toshiba this may be the case as well, so checking it out at the store is the best option. If it seems good, why not?

Reply Level 2 8 LungDarts on Jun 06, 2011

Yeah go check it out in the store...then do the right thing and buy Dell/Alienware or as @outdated said ASUS ROG or you can play with a brick it is going to give you better performance and quality than a Toshiba notebook anyway :)

Reply Level 2 9 monkeybone on Jun 10, 2011

Why so much hatred towards Toshiba. Their notebooks are good for the price, but as with everything there are better options for more money. Alienware, Sager, ASUS ROG etc are just a couple of examples.

Reply Level 3 6 Balistic on May 25, 2011

Probably not, there are numerous brands that exclusively make gaming notebooks and desktops and most of them are way better.

Reply Level 2 7 Inferno on Jun 01, 2011

Nope, I will never buy a toshiba notebook again.

Reply Level 2 10 FlameDemon on Sep 26, 2011

Perhaps you should give it a try. At the moment (September - October/2011), Toshiba has released some more brand new models for gaming. Those ones look quite promising. But sorry, I don't remember the model names. I agree that Toshiba is not a specialized brand in building gaming gears, though they are famous for manufacturing electronic components in terms of hardware. They are famous for washing machines or refrigerators or air conditioners, but initially their gaming notebooks has gained some interests indeed. They could be like the story of HTC in Taiwan. HTC, at the first time, also built hardware components, but then they jumped into building their own smartphones, and they succeeded. Taiwan and Japan are strong in electronics.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.