Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Google Questions & Answers

looks like macbook...

Posted by MilanFAN on Dec 11, 2010

For me this one is just black, matte Macbook....I see a lot of similarities with Apple laptops, but with some more features. Although I don't like the idea of OS that is so much bounded with internet.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 3 2 jonathan1250 on Dec 16, 2010

To be honest, it's lacking a lot of features compared to most of the laptops from Macbook family - a proper OS for starters. Design-wise, sure, it does look like one of the old black Macbook models. I think Google took the right approach designing it this way. Overall, not a bad gadget for those being on-line most of the day. Considering it's a pre-release, I'm expecting more from the final product. :)

Reply Level 6 3 WingMan on Jan 05, 2011

It may look like one, but it ain't. I like the whole stealthy matte look and is a pretty descent netbook. The only downside for me is the highly limited storage space, and zero offline usability. Can you even listen to music while offline???

Reply Level 2 7 ikarus on Jan 11, 2011

I think that is the idea of Google...everything to be online based....but internet network is not ready yet for such gadgets. Not everywhere have internet network and then you'll be with hands tied :(

Reply Level 3 4 barryween on Jan 06, 2011

"Can you even listen to music while offline???"

That's a good one, anyone?

Reply Level 9 5 Immortal on Jan 06, 2011

Does anyone has any info about the price....cause if it is reasonable it seems like a very good netbook to me.

Reply Level 3 6 jonathan1250 on Jan 10, 2011

No price announced yet.

However, some guy managed to install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on one of the developers units. Without QE/CI though. Lack of Quartz Extreme/Core Image means there is no hardware video acceleration and even watching movies is going to be one hell-of-a bad experience. On the other hand, I think that answers the above questions about the music playback.

Reply Level 6 8 WingMan on Jan 11, 2011

Well it may not be perfect, but it is quite good news. As I recall, developers weren't able to even install ubuntu in one of these at first

Reply Level 4 9 Chubaka on Jan 12, 2011

Still I can't understan'd the idea of installing Mac OS on this notebook.....or even on other notebooks. If someone wants Mac OS, he should buy Mac...

Reply Level 3 10 Zangetsu on Jan 12, 2011

Well in a perfect world this may be the case, but if you look at the specs of the macbooks in general and their price, you'll see why. You can get a non apple notebook with the same specs for a lot less money, install the mac OS on it and you end up with a cheap macbook. Or you can get for the same money a machine with double the horsepower.

Reply Level 2 11 ikarus on Jan 13, 2011

Hellllloo, don't you read what *jonathan1250* has written...using Mac OS over this notebook (I am sure and others) is not stable. That someone, somewhere has successfully install Mac OS on ASUS notebook (for example), don't mean it works everywhere...

peace

Posted in response to comment #10

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.