Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Microsoft Questions & Answers

What will be the next Windows?

Posted by DragonForce on May 26, 2011

Lately there is a lot of talking about Win 8 and when it will be released - for now it is 2012. I can hardly believe that Windows 7 will survive only 3 years (as Vista did). What do you think will be the next step of Microsoft? For me the most logical think is to release a OS only for tablets, or tablets oriented :)

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 6 2 WingMan on May 27, 2011

I believe that the next Windows will be pretty much like 7, but with more touch PC features or a more touch friendly interface.

Reply Level 3 3 ndroid on May 27, 2011

Some tech blogs mentioned cloud services and multiple desktops (like OSX and Ubuntu) will be part of the Windows 8 features. It's not clear if MicroSoft is going to segment it's OS into a tablet and desktop versions. I'd be happy if they change the appearance, though. Too much transparency...

Reply Level 2 4 Jason on May 27, 2011

I saw pictures of Win 8 and it look like an Xbox dashboard (rumor), though that will be nice

Reply Level 2 5 Twisted on Jun 06, 2011

I believe that there is already a leaked build have anyone tried searching/installing it...i`m just curious which of the rumours are actually correct

Reply Level 2 6 Slash on Jun 07, 2011

Its going to be crappy like vista. With microsoft its one good windows one crappy and one good again, then crappy etc.

Reply Level 2 7 mindhacker on Jun 07, 2011

LOL, nice observation, MS did that, no joke. To be honest, I'm willing to see some great improvements on the Windows side with the next major release. Windows still means industry standard, but they will be facing tough competition in the face of the next OS X release, announced yesterday - Lion. My personal views are as simple as try the next Win, like it or switch to mac. In the days of almost full cloud integration with less need of locally installed programs (which leads to less trouble in creating/sharing docs, reading email and most of the business work being platform agnostic), the ease of use is coming at first place, and I like the OS X way, I really do. Will see.

Reply Level 2 8 cold on Jun 08, 2011

Aggree on that one I`ll just wait for the next service pack for Windows 7 (which in my view is the most stable windows for now)...and continue using it whatever crap they come up with

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.