Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

AMD Questions & Answers

Can Eyefinity run monitors with different size?

Posted by Jason on Oct 19, 2011

I know it's a little stupid question, but can I use 1x27" monitor and 2x22" with Eyefinity?

« Back to all discussions

not rated
1 addicted on Oct 20, 2011
Level 2 Yes, you can. As long as you choose models with same native resolution there should be no problem running different sized monitors. I think it will be fine having bigger middle (primary) display for focusing on the game and smaller size displays for peripheral vision.

not rated
2 Immortal on Oct 20, 2011
Level 9 @addicted incorrect :) ...You can run any monitor size and resolution combination you want...

From the official Eyefinity FAQ:
"All monitors running in a Display Group or cloned modes must be running with the same resolution. If monitors have different native resolutions, the highest common non-native resolution between the monitors will be used when creating Display Groups. Monitors running in extended desktop mode can have independent resolutions."

not rated
4 I.P.K. on Oct 21, 2011
Level 7 I don't see the point of reducing the high resolution of a 27" monitor to the resolution of a 22" (I doubt they are with same native resolution)....

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.