Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Nikon Questions & Answers

What's the best Nikon lens for Landscape and Portraits?

Posted by maxpain on May 04, 2011

Hi, I'm looking for a general info about Nikon's dslr lenses. I'm aware that the DSLRs most of the time come with a lens included in the kit, which is not the best possible one, so I'd probably want to change it after a while. Which ones are good for landscape and portrait photography? Thanks.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Bulldog on May 04, 2011

The included lenses are not so bad imo, but back to the question: I will recommend you AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED. The price is high, but this lens is said to be one of the best...

Reply Level 6 3 WingMan on May 04, 2011

I'd suggest you get this 35mm prime lens. It may not have zooming in and out, but it is one of the best decisions for your needs. The 1.4 aperture will bring you better night shots and higher shooting speeds (less blurryness and more details).

Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.4G

and here is a review with lots of samples

http://www.cameralabs.com/revi​ews/Nikon_Nikkor_AF-S_35mm_f1-4G/

Reply Level 2 4 Jason on May 09, 2011

You should considering one type of lens: wide-angle. Wide angle prime and zoom lenses capture a very wide field of view. I recommend you Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX AF.....it provides the best value for the money

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.