Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

CPU Questions & Answers

Intel vPro processors?

CPU

Posted by Rastafari on Mar 14, 2011

Hi I was wondering what is so special about these processors to classify them as business class? I've read somewhere that now you can disable these processors with SMS, but this pretty much sums up my knowledge on them. So what are they all about?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 3 A_C_E on Mar 14, 2011

Managing and protecting desktops and laptops, and securing data are the main goals of vPro technology. For more info - www.intel.com

Reply Level 2 2 OldNo7 on Mar 14, 2011

I turns out it is not only a single processor, but rather a set of hardware (including the CPU) and enhanced features such as monitoring, maintenance and management completely independent of the state of the OS (non-responsive) or power state (even turned off computers can be remotely managed in a pre-boot environment). Thus making it more business oriented.

Reply Level 3 4 Zangetsu on Mar 15, 2011

This sound like a system that I would definitely like to own, as I am a bit of a security freak.

Reply Level 2 5 Agon87 on Mar 15, 2011

This technology is integrated not only in processors but also in motherboards, network adapters.....

Reply Level 3 6 Balistic on Mar 16, 2011

I guess if you have sensitive data on you pc or notebook, vpro is the way to keep it safe in case of theft, pretty much the whole platfom is built for security.

Reply Level 2 7 Acetone on Mar 17, 2011

The easiest way to learn about some new tech is to read about it :)
http://www.intel.com/technolog​y/vpro/index.htm

Reply Level 2 8 A_C_E on Mar 17, 2011

And what I said :D

Reply Level 3 9 jonathan1250 on Mar 23, 2011

I'm looking for a notebook(s) that has been designed with security and remote control in mind. Would you recommend some models featuring vPro technology. Thanks.

Reply Level 2 10 Agon87 on Mar 24, 2011

HP EliteBook series are with this technology...look around in their site and choose one for you.....but they are not cheap :)

Reply Level 3 11 Golfman on Mar 29, 2011

Did you get something?

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.