Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

CPU Questions & Answers

Overclock

Posted by Immortal on Aug 11, 2010

I`m thinking of pushing the limits of the CPU a little further and I was wondering if anyone managed to make a stable clock after 3.8GHz and what setup were you using? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 Zangetsu on Aug 11, 2010
Level 3 I thought mine was stable at 4 but one day Puff and no more processor. Are you using the stock air cooling or an aftermarket unit? A big chunk of aluminum with lots of heatpipes might help you make it stable. GL!

not rated
3 Smoth3r3d on Aug 11, 2010
Level 2 I`ve heard that ASRock developed special edition of BIOS for H55M Pro which overclocks it from 2.8 to 4.2 GHz, but I don`t think it would be stable without using some serious cooling

not rated
4 Immortal on Aug 11, 2010
Level 9 I`m seriously starting to think about some water cooling unit

not rated
5 MilanFAN on Aug 11, 2010
Level 3 Perhaps watercooling is the right decision, 'cause it's a big difference from 2.8 to 4.2 and I don't think that a big fan will do the job....

not rated
6 Immortal on Aug 11, 2010
Level 9 I think the difference in full load @ 4.2 GHz is going to be approximately 25 degrees

not rated
7 Chubaka on Aug 12, 2010
Level 4 If you use your PC for gaming, you don't need 4 core CPU, but if you are going to use it for some serious stuff...hell Yes :)

not rated
8 Zangetsu on Aug 12, 2010
Level 3 What kind of a watercooling solution do you have in mind? A complete system, with block, radiators, pumps, pump control unit, reservoir etc. Or a kit perhaps?

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.