Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Home Theater & PC Speakers Questions & Answers

Looking for portable media player speakers. Any suggestions?

Posted by leviathan on Jul 22, 2011

Looking for a pair of portable battery powered stereo speakers, that won't take much space in my luggage. Will be using regular MP3 player as a music source. I'm not expecting much of a quality and would rather look at extended play time. Do you have any suggestions?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 1 leprechaun on Jul 22, 2011

Altec Lansing Orbit IM237 is the best option for me. It uses 3xAAA batteries and they last 24 hours play time (cool uh).

Reply Level 3 2 Nitro on Jul 22, 2011

I'd personally go for the X-Mini Max II. The sound awesome, they are also battery operated and as opposed to the IM237 the are stereo.

Reply Level 5 3 Crossblade on Jul 25, 2011

X-Mini

Reply Level 7 4 I.P.K. on Jul 25, 2011

I've checked the X-mini and the Altec Lansing Orbit IM237. Orbit IM237 has some advantages but I'm for the mini

Reply Level 2 5 abdullahgulabi on Jul 25, 2011

I recently got such a portable speaker. Its made in China and I have two sets, both with different brands (actually the same product having different names). Their battery life is pretty good (I opened one up and they use regular nokia cell phone batteries). They have a USB port, microSD card slot, FM radio and standard 3.5mm audio in.

Reply Level 3 6 raghu.s1432 on Jul 28, 2011

i have no idea about all these products but i like both( X-Mini Max II Altec Lansing Orbit IM237) and both have good audio according to me i like X-Mini Max II coz its design.......

Reply Level 9 7 Immortal on Jul 28, 2011

If you want really cheap solution that would take as less space as possible take a look at:
http://www.amazon.com/Macally-Podwave-Portable-Speakers-Players/dp/B00065XSP8
I don`t know about the quality and the power...i guess it is going to be horrible, but I stumbled upon it today...

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.