Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Cell Phones Questions & Answers

Cell phone cameras

Posted by ikarus on Apr 18, 2011

How much mega-pixels do you think are enough, for your cell phone camera?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 OldNo7 on Apr 18, 2011

I'd be pretty cool shooting 8MP+ photos. The quality of a cell phone camera, however, is not anywhere close to a real camera, not even the point-and-shoot ones.

Reply Level 2 3 Konig on Apr 19, 2011

I remember back in 2009 when the Pixon12 came out everyone was expecting outstanding photos from the 12 megapixel shooter, but in reality it wasn't much better than the 8 megapixel shooters. I believe that 8 - 12 megapixels is more than enough. The manufacturers should focus on making better sensors and lenses, not more megapixels.

Reply Level 2 4 Bulldog on Apr 19, 2011

I agree with you, 8 megapixel camera is ok, and one good flash

Reply Level 5 5 Dexter on Apr 19, 2011

Yeah, flash does sound like a problem with cell phones. I'm hoping to see some user reviews of the altek leo, just in case it's something good, although I'd go for separate gadgets - one for photos and one for calling.

Reply Level 6 6 WingMan on Apr 20, 2011

Well, Xenon flashes are quite nice and handle low light environments quite well. I totally agree that it is better to have two devices, but I hate to have my pockets stuffed with tech, a cell phone is enough.

Reply Level 2 7 Undead on Apr 20, 2011

I believe that 5MP with some decent lens(like Carl Zeiss for example) and a flash is more than enough....take a look at Nokia X6 for example

Reply Level 2 8 49ers on Apr 21, 2011

Is X6 something really different in terms of photo quality?

Reply Level 2 9 Blade on Apr 27, 2011

I've read for a cell phone with 16 mega-pixels...sick people

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.