Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Notebooks Questions & Answers

Replacing Video Driver / Card, how to disassemble Gateway NV57H43u notebook.

Posted by akopp on Dec 10, 2011

I want my resolution > 1366x768. The video driver is apparently part of the CPU. Can anyone provide a link to disassemble this laptop? Anyone use an external video card?

« Back to all discussions

not rated
1 leviathan on Dec 12, 2011
Level 4 Usually, the video card is capable of displaying higher resolution even if it is internal, i.e. part of the CPU. In your case that is Intel HD Graphics 3000. However, you will also have to replace your display panel (monitor) with a high-resolution one as well, because the one that is factory installed is having native resolution (maximum) of 1366x768 pixels.

I've seen a DIY conversions of display panels and the results are great, but imo it isn't worth the money. If I were you, I'd try to get rid of the notebook, add some cash and buy higher class with FullHD panel factory installed.

not rated
2 Dexter on Dec 12, 2011
Level 5 Here's a video of Gateway laptop disassembly you might want to check out for basic ideas what to start with: http://youtu.be/CMo6_0mkEE8

not rated
3 I.P.K. on Dec 12, 2011
Level 7 The matrix of your notebook is 1366x768 pixels so you can't have better resolution. If you want to change it, it's better to buy new notebook

not rated
4 El_Pollo_Diablo on Dec 13, 2011
Level 2 You can't have higher resolution than your screen's native one, no matter what driver or card you have. The only way for higher resolution is external display, so don't bother opening your notebook, voiding the warranty in the process.

not rated
5 Immortal on Dec 13, 2011
Level 9 Either buy a notebook with higher resolution or get an external display as the others suggested...it can`t be accomplished otherwise

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.