Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Notebooks Questions & Answers

Early 2011 MacBook Pro problems?

Posted by Prince_Soul on Oct 26, 2011

I've been having major issues with the MacBook ever since I got it back in March and after months it is still being sent in for repairs once a month at least. The first problem was none of my software would work at all, then it was overheating, the keyboard has kept popping out, graphic issues, wifi problems, and thunderbolt problems. So far they reinstalled Snow Leopard, fans were replaced, logic board, and now I am getting the top case, and bottom case replaced along with a fresh install of Lion. I was wondering if anyone else is having these problems?
In addition to this I would like to know if there is a way to convince Apple to replace it, I know they are currently replacing hardware in them in time for Winter sales. I've tried to explain all the lies I've been told including there was no way to return it or exchange it since I bought it online from day 1 and they say it's too late and they're sorry I was lied to. I've also explained that in store genius's manipulated the settings to look like I was the problem and that for three days they didn't repair my mbp, but they scratched the bottom case about 20 times.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Problem solved

Apple replaced the top case, RAM, logic board, bottom case and so far it appears good, however the DVD drive is not responding like it used to. I also learned that when you go in for repairs; the system that makes sure everything is connected does not check for the DVD drive anymore, so when you get a mac back from a getting a new logic board make sure the drive is connected and works properly before signing the paper. There is no way to get a new mac unless it is within the first 30 days or if the genius's deem it time for a replacement. If anyone thinks their RAM is bad do not connect anything to the mac because my iPod, thumb drive and external hard drive have corrupted information on it and Apple will not replace any of it including the iPod

« Back to all discussions

4 Prince_Soul on Oct 31, 2011
Level 1 I was trying to use the App Store, pre-installed iWork, iLife and FaceTime. Most didn't even open and the ones that did open would take about 2-5 minutes to go to a new page.
I just got my mac back after getting the top case, bottom case, logic board, and RAM replaced. So far it seems to be working except for the DVD drive it doesn't take a disc unless I push it all the way in the slot.

not rated
1 leviathan on Oct 26, 2011
Level 4 The best you can do is to call apple rep and ask whether and under what circumstances you'll be able to get a replacement. As far as I'm aware, you should be looking at your fourth repair to demand a replacement. However, it is unclear to me if that must be a fourth repair of the same faulty hardware/problem, or just the fourth in a row. This is why I'd suggest you to talk to them and see what are the replacement conditions.

You should also keep a record of all your replacement papers, calls and rep(s) names you've talked to. Good luck.

P.S. Never heard of that much trouble with a MBP. I knew the 15" were struggling a bit from overheating, but this is something different.

not rated
2 Immortal on Oct 26, 2011
Level 9 Haven`t heard for that much problems with MacBook Pro as well...if you`re persuasive enough and don`t give up trying to contact their superiors you should be able to get it exchanged...

not rated
3 I.P.K. on Oct 26, 2011
Level 7 I've heard about overheating problems, too but can't understand "none of my software would work at all"? What software are you trying to use?

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.