Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Notebooks Questions & Answers

The ASUS tablet lineup.

Posted by Balistic on Jan 05, 2011

Today ASUS announced its tablet lineup and to tell you the truth, the devices look pretty darn good to me. The Transform is quite interesting with its removable keyboard dock which basically turns it into a netbook with Android 3.0 and Tegra 2 chipset which make me drool just thinking about it. The Slider is similar but as the name implies it has a sliding keyboard, not removable. Actually I'd be happy to own any of its tablet which to me are the first real iPad killers.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 3 2 FoShizzle on Jan 05, 2011

Yeah the look nice and Android 3.0 sound promising, but i wouldn't go that far as to call them "iPad killers".

Reply Level 3 3 barryween on Jan 06, 2011

Fascinating stuff. iPad killers? Why is everyone so obsessed with beating Apple? According to the crowd, Apple products are not for geeks, too easy to use. Or something. Why all the fighting since the idea behind the devices is totally different?

Reply Level 3 4 MilanFAN on Jan 06, 2011

And what is the idea? I think that everyone has started to produce tablets after iPad. Yes, Apple were not the first, but they mark the beginning of mass production and may be that's why every one compares to them.

Reply Level 9 5 Immortal on Jan 06, 2011

I have to agree with @MilanFAN here....I`m not an Apple fanboy but they really are the company that made the tablets so popular and i really don`t think they have some real competition yet

Reply Level 3 6 barryween on Jan 06, 2011

As far as I know, Apple didn't invented the tablet PCs. There were tablets before, they just sucked big time. The same applies to the touch-screen phones too -- there were touch-screen phones before the iPhone, no? Can you see my point now? Apple did not invent the stuff (in the above cases at least), they just take the best out of 'em. They took the idea, thought of what's best for the average guy and went Pro adding a touch of class. That's all. :)

Reply Level 3 7 MilanFAN on Jan 07, 2011

Yeah that is my point,too. They didn't invent tablets, but unleash the wave of new products...

Posted in response to comment #6

Reply Level 6 8 WingMan on Jan 07, 2011

Of course they didn't invent tablets, tablets are nothing more than UMPCs and big PPC. Just a new name for these devices. They just didn't become very popular. The iPad is just the first popular one.

As for the Asus gadget, they seem quite good and very powerful. I believe that they will eventually replace the Eee PC netbooks or will merge with them.

Reply Level 3 9 barryween on Jan 10, 2011

Yeah, sounds like it. For the ones with the sliding keyboards at least...

Posted in response to comment #8

Reply Level 4 10 Chubaka on Jan 10, 2011

Not bad, not bad. I can say that Asus have always their moments of glory... I just wish they were more often

Reply Level 3 11 Zangetsu on Jan 11, 2011

Well they made the NETBOOK market, this is quite a feat in my book. As for the tablets, I would happily take any of them home with me.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.