Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Mouse Devices Questions & Answers

Gaming mice vs the others

Posted by FoShizzle on Apr 05, 2011

I've always wondered what is that makes a mouse a gaming mouse and why do these things cost 5-10 times more than the regular mice?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 whatnot on Apr 05, 2011

Design and precision of the laser I guess? And lots of options that can't be found in a regular Microsoft Laser mouse. Like weight adjusting. I remember seeing one of the characters from Transformers packed in a Razer box on the mice shelf.

Reply Level 2 3 Nexus_Core on Apr 06, 2011

Precision, speed and acceleration tolerance. The former two come from the high dpi rating and the latter keeps the mouse in control (not bugging it like most mice) when you switch directions rapidly.

Reply Level 1 4 bob27 on Apr 06, 2011

I like the design of the gaming mice, very comfy.

Reply Level 2 5 Striker on Apr 07, 2011

Most people won't benefit from a gaming mouse, but once you use one, you will immediately notice the difference.

Reply Level 2 6 MR_MM on Apr 07, 2011

I think that gaming mouse are useful if you play a lot of FPS, where the speed is everything. Some of them has really clever design, but some are such a pain to use..

Reply Level 2 8 Reaper on Apr 08, 2011

Yep, this is what they are made for. You can set the mouse to 3200 DPI (Logitech G9) for example and run the FPS with sensitivity of 1-3 and still have a pretty fast movement. The benefit of that is that the mouse move smoothly and not jumping several pixels at a time.

Reply Level 2 7 cold on Apr 07, 2011

I believe that any middle class mouse would do for gaming(Logitech models for example)

Reply Level 3 9 Balistic on Apr 12, 2011

Yep anything will do, but you will definitely feel the difference with a gaming mouse.

Reply Level 2 10 Freddy on Apr 12, 2011

You will definately not feel the difference if it is a good middle class mouse....I`ve used both and everything is very exaggerated.....if you find qualitative and comfortable enough mouse for your hand in the middle class there is NO use of spending extra 60$

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.