Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

TVs Questions & Answers

Television Set

TVs

Posted by Samleitao on May 06, 2012

I am planning to buy a new 32 inch television set, but am unable to decide which type LCD or LED, any particular make & model? If some one can tell me pro & cons, i will make a better informed decision.

« Back to all discussions

11 DaddyChicken on May 21, 2012
Level 5 My few words of wisdom are:

1. Know what you want to do with it:
a. how many connections into it - and what type. I won't buy a tv without multiple hdmi connections
b. Plasma just doesn't pay at screen sizes smaller than 42". LCD/LED rules the smaller roost.
c. Forget what everyone tells you about what tv is best, or what tv they have and why you should buy it. Go to the store and look at them. Make the dude that wants the commission put them side by side for you if necessary. Pick the one that has the best picture in your price range, with the connections you need.

The kinds of LCD technology are Sharp, Samsung, LG. Panasonic makes a decent set too. But that is up to you to make up your mind. There really only are a handful of LCD screen producers in the world. I believe it is Sharp (not sure anymore), LG, and Samsung. The rest just buy from them and slap on their proprietary image processing system (Sony has Bravia, Sharp - Aquos, etc).

When that is all said and done, after you decide which ones float your boat, feel free to walk out of the store and check out the reliability ratings, and online reviews. Don't get carried away with the reviews (I bought a samsung plasma at Christmas that the reviewers hated, but I have to admit, I love it! The picture is incredible.)

I hope this helps. Just don't buy the tv site unseen. you really need to see the picture before you buy it.

not rated
1 I.P.K. on May 07, 2012
Level 7 LCD is type of display, and LED is type of backlight. So I can't quite understand the question. But if you are going to buy LCD TV, I recommend you to buy LCD with LED backlight and here are the reasons: better viewing angle, improved black levels, better brightness.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.