Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Graphic Cards Questions & Answers

The best graphics card for its price

Posted by Immortal on Aug 31, 2010

I want to upgrade my Desktop machine, but i can`t decide what graphics card to buy. It is going to be used mainly for gaming and 3D modelling. If any of you can recommend me a decent card at a reasonable price I`ll be very grateful

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 Golfman on Aug 31, 2010
Level 3 I suppose GeForce GTX 470. Its price is around $350 and has CUDA which is good for 3D modelling. Maybe its too powerful for gaming, but for 3D modelling you'll need some serious stuff. And I don't know whether the price is OK for you? If you tell me approximately how much money you can spend I can give you some other offer... :)

not rated
3 Chubaka on Aug 31, 2010
Level 4 I think Ati Radeon HD 5850 (around $300 which is cheaper than GTX 470) is the video card for you. It doesn't have CUDA but if you look at the spec sheets of the two video cards (5850 and 470), the advantage is for Ati Radeon..

not rated
4 Immortal on Aug 31, 2010
Level 9 I was thinking of somethink like GTX285x2
http://www.meetgadget.com/gadg​et/27725/ASUS+MARS-2DI-4GD3/specs
It is some serious piece of equipment I only hope the price is not overexagerated

not rated
6 WingMan on Aug 31, 2010
Level 6 The MARS is truly powerful, but do you need that much? For gaming this one is quite enough and even it is too powerful IMO. The only con is that it doesn't support CUDA and PhysX.

http://www.meetgadget.com/gadg​et/28433/Sapphire+HD5970+4GB+G​DDR5+PCIE/specs

not rated
9 Immortal on Aug 31, 2010
Level 9 The fact that it doesn`t support PhysX is the deal breaker, cause most of the games need PhysX for optimal graphics

not rated
10 Golfman on Aug 31, 2010
Level 3 And CUDA is not for belittle, 'cause you'll use the video card not only for gaming....but really most of the games are made for Nvidia.

not rated
11 Balistic on Sep 21, 2010
Level 3 What is reasonable in terms of $ for you? Within $250 you can find the NVIDIA GTX 460 graphics which will suit you quite well and won't affect your wallet that much.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.